Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Someone Shoot Me

I woke up on Monday morning with body aches/headache/fever/chills like no other. I stayed in bed until 1PM, but then life must go on-I had work.
Tuesday-rinse and repeat.
Wednesday-rinse and repeat.
It's now the end of day 3 and seriously if I don't wake up feeling better tomorrow I might kill someone. I have all the symptoms of the stomach flu, except no throwing up. So which is better? Having the stomach flu and puking every hour, but being over with it all in 24 hours? Or not throwing up, but having the rest of these awful symptoms for 3+ days.
Oh I know, how about I don't get sick every other day like a normal person. That'd be nice.
If I were at home right now I'd cry and make my dad take care of me. And he would, expertly.
He'd know what kind of puffs with lotion tissues I like.
He'd know what kind of tea I want.
He'd know what food I want for dinner.
But guess what? I'm 10 hours away from home.
Oh the joys of growing up.
I guess Laura will have to do.

3 comments:

the walker family said...

oh so i guess the medicine i got you yesterday, the meals i've made for you that you so graciously scarffed down, and hospitality will JUST HAVE TO DO!

The Giddings said...

Say Whaaaaat?!!! Laura is an excellent care giver! She did awesome when I was pregnant with #1. Your immune system is worthless.

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire, How about an invite from you to me for your facebook page? After all I trust you with one of my Granddaughters. Thanks, Kent