Sunday, February 12, 2012

iPhone

Well, just call me Hipster.
I jumped on the band wagon and bought myself a good ole iPhone.
I love it for so many reasons: -twitter
-pinterest
-imessage
-instagram
-shazam
-i look so cool

Now let me talk about myself for a little bit.
After almost a year, I am happy to say I QUIT THE GYM! (not working out, just working) I'm so damn excited to not work there anymore. To not see the same old people eeeeeveryday. To not answer the same stupid questions everyday. To not have to stand for hours on end with NOTHING to do. To not have to say I work at a gym. To not get paid minimum wage. And most importantly, to not have to wear that ugly ass red polo shirt ever again.
So I got a new job at a residential treatment center for teenage girls. It's a tough job, especially for a perfectionist like me. I like to always feel confident in everything I do. The learning process is not one I am patient enough to go through gracefully. I hate not knowing what I'm doing. I hate feeling confused or nervous or anxious because I'm unsure of myself. I keep telling myself I need to give it at least 3 months before I can start feeling comfortable at this new job. It's just a lot of pressure, and feeling inadequate does not help my nerves.
I want the girls to like me; to look up to me and respect me and have me as a role model. I want to be able to make a difference and help in their treatment. I want the staff to like me and consider me a good co-worker. I like being the best at things. I like people being able to depend on me and know I can pull my own weight, plus some.
So, needless to say I'm a bag of nerves-but I have high hopes for this job.
I definitely need some change in my life right now. I need distractions. I need to constantly be busy or else I feel myself start to unravel, and this job is surely doing the trick. It keeps me busy and my mind occupied so I don't have room to think about much else.
That's all folks. If you need me, just go ahead and tweet, email, instagram, message, call, facetime, or blog me...and I'll get it instantly to my phone. Hollllllla!

4 comments:

Rachael McCall Clegg said...

Hey, I like this post! I like that you quite so you dont have to see self-centered people everyday! Oh and I love that you got a new job. And I am jealous you got an iphone, I have NO phone. But surprisengly I never think about it, so I guess thats a good thing right? Miss you bunches cute butt

The Giddings said...

okay, so how do i email you using my rumor? it's a touch screen, sooooooo....pretty high-class. but seriously, i am very nervous about you working in that place filled with delinquents. you should carry some sort of weapon...or don't because they might get their hands on it and use it against you...oh shat, this place is bad news.

Paige Clegg said...

you wouldn't be such a mess if you called me and got some paige-time in. paige-time is healthy time.

love you.... CHOKE I mean LIKE you.

Heatha said...

I like your blog. And don't worry, it's natural to not know what you're doing for the first...year or so. he he