Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rocky.

So today I learned (more like reinforced what I already knew) that I seriously do not like horse back riding. My work has horses so a few friends and I had the horse lady take us on a trail ride since the weather today was BEAUtiful. Well, I got Rocky. No pun intended. That's the horses name. He was a little bastard. Kept trying to be first. Kept starting to run. Kept jerking around when I would try and stop him from running. He was just mean. So Heather and I traded since she thought she could handle him (she thinks she's a real cowgirl) and since she had the nicest/laziest horse, Pepper. Well, jokes on me. Pepper started acting out with me too! She kept trying to run. Oh all of a sudden her lazy ass decides to move? No. Then I try and slow her down and she freaks out and starts headbutting. She hit my sunglasses, that's how close she got to me. So at that point I decide it's time I walk my horse. My legs are shaking because I'm so scared. My arms are tired because I keep having to stop the horse. And I'm just terrified. So I walk. Buuuuut then Pepper keeps PUSHING me into the bushes. Literally. The trail is small and surrounded by brush and the damn horse just keeps pushing me aside so she has the whole trail. Don't worry, I fought back. I took control real quick and kept pushing her out of my way. I acted tough but inside I was so scared. I mean this horse is HUGE. She could have gave a slight kicked and sent me flying. Or broken my body. Or taken a limb.

So, needless to say I won't be horse back riding any time soon.

3 comments:

Sadie Clegg said...

hahaha I don't know why I was laughing so hard when reading this. Probably because I can picture perfectly

The Giddings said...

oohhhhhhh my gosh! that is SO funny, and it would only happen to you...and probably jana.

Jana said...

lolz to cassies comment. this did happen to me at a freakin family reunion Dude Ranch. I was scared to death to get on it then big ass scary gross bugs kept landing on it's ass so it was bucking the whole entire time. I was 14 I think and I will NEVER get back on a horse again. Screw it, I like the merry go round in the Texas mall. Thats for us blaire, not these beasts.