Monday, January 25, 2010

Whale Watching!

My mom planned a trip for the whole family to go out to Dana Point Harbor and do some whale watching! It was a B-E-A-UTIFUL day out on the boat-I definitely recommend this little day trip!My sisters were all yelling at me because I kept telling them to SIT STILL and take one good picture, so I gave up and this is the one we got.
I hope you all are embarrassed.





So, unfortunately we did not see a whale. We did, however, see an Albino Dolphin which is just as, if not more, rare than a whale. So because of this sighting I considered this day a success.

Until I went again and had even better sightings...

Courtney wasn't able to come with us when we all went, so I went out the next week to go again with her, and we had much better luck!

There were SO many dolphins and sea lions it was incredible! And they were swimming along side the boat and jumping like crazy!
AND...

Courtney and I were able to see (drum roll please)...
A GREY WHALE!!!!

We got so close it was awesome. It was a baby whale, only about 4 years old.

Needless to say, my family was very jealous that we didn't see a whale on our trip. Courtney and I just picked the right day I guess!


I'm kind of obsessed with Whale Watching now. I plan on going again very soon.

1 comment:

The Giddings said...

blah blah blah. whatever. i wish your boat capsized when you and courtney went.
p.s. your eyes look AMAZING in the picture of the five of us. i wish i was looking into them right now.