Monday, January 25, 2010

Missionary Man

Who knew that Missionaries can send packages as well as receive them?
Well, leave it to Brandon to figure that one out. He's the sweetest.
I get home from running a million errands, trying to get a birthday package ready to send to him, and see a package waiting on the stairs for me.
It made it all worth it.
He sent me a pad of paper with a sticky note on it saying:
"tell me when you run out of this pad and I'll send you another. I LOVE YOU!!"
He also sent a few pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelopes to send him, which worked out perfectly because I just ran out of stamps.
He sent a pen, and a 2 page front AND back letter
(very rare for Brandon-he was never a man of many words)
BUT, my favorite part of the package was the tape!
I didn't even realize how much I had been missing his voice until I listened to that tape.
To be able to hear him tell me funny stories, then hear him laugh at himself was just the icing on top. It's so amazing to hear how much fun he's having and how much he loves his mission and companion.
I'd say he's a pretty smart guy because the excitement of his package caused me to go out today and buy all the necessities of a Valentine's Day package. He is one spoiled missionary.

If anybody knows Brandon and wants to write to him, he would love it.
Email me Claire_morris89@yahoo.com and I'll give you his address!

3 comments:

Aarean Jergensen said...

ooooh i remember those days! Keep on truckin' girl!

The Giddings said...

oh brandon. he's the best. i wonder when my package will come. it probably just got lost in the mail.

dede said...

told you tapes are HEAVEN and the best.. we sent them monthly!!!