Friday, March 13, 2009

Hello, my name is Claire...

...and I'm a SHOPAHOLIC!!!

Seriously, it's a major problem I have.  So basically I haven't had an income (besides babysitting my best friend Preston) since I got home from Texas about 6 months ago, which means that my shopping days went from enormous, to non-existent.  I've been doing very well, I haven't bought myself anything since I've been home and it's been SO hard!  (Well, luckily I have an awesome boyfriend who sometimes does the shopping for me-which helps!)  Anyways, I went to the mall on Thursday...which is like sending an alcoholic to a liquor store.  I was doing pretty good, just looking at boys stuff instead of girls...but then came Macys.  I bought 2 things that dreadful day.  The first shirt was a great buy and was very much on sale, while the second shirt (Free People gets me every time) was most definitely NOT on sale.  Now the problem here, besides the fact that my bank account took a hit, is that I WANT MORE!!!!!  This is where the "aholic" part comes in.  Buying just those 2 cute shirts made my itch for shopping skyrocket, and now it's all that consumes my mind.  I keep thinking of all the cute outfits I could make with just that one more shirt or jacket. It's horrible.  Anyways, the moral of the story is to stay strong!  All you other 'holics out there, be strong..it's not worth it!  Actually it totally was worth it, but not the point.  RESIST!

I'm reading a book called Eat, Pray, Love and the author raised $18,000 from her friends and family to buy a house for a poor Indonesian family.  So my challenge is for any of you reading this, if you'd like to pledge some money to my shopping fund, I'd be happy to accept!

Gotta go call my sponsor, I'm having major withdrawals right now.
x0x0

3 comments:

The Giddings said...

you need a credit card...actually, you need brandon to get a credit card and have them send an extra one for you.

Anonymous said...

i completely understand your problem! haha i am the same way mama!

dede said...

i am with cassie... ha .. oh and i know what i pay you for preston and it is nothing so sorry I am your only income..