Wednesday, May 9, 2012

13.1...again

Half marathon #2!
So here in Provo, as I've said before, everyone and their mothers, fathers, children, dogs, is fit.  So running a half marathon to most people around here is just a regular day for them.  BUT for those of us who actually have to try and force ourselves, it's a big feat.
So last saturday Heather and I decided to run the Provo City Half Marathon.  It was kind of last minute, and we were able to get FREE registration by volunteering at packet handout the night before-holla! 
Anyways, we carb loaded (always the best part of any run), woke up at the butt crack of dawn, drove up the Provo canyon, froze our @$$&$ off until 7:15 AM when the gun fired, and we were off.  The first 3-6 miles were kind of tough for me-my stomach was feeling weird and my legs were heavy, but we perservered and it got better after that.  At about mile 10-12 I was slowing down...well, actually that's when we started speeding up-but I could feel my body getting ready to be done.  Mile 12 was hard, but granted we were hauling by this point.  We see the finish line, do a full on sprint, and finish!  My time for this race was 1 hour 55 minutes and some seconds, which is a few minutes slower than my last one but here's why I'm okay with it:
1. This route was harder
2. I LOVED this run.  The first half I ran I was miserable.  I didn't have fun, wanted to stop, hated it.  But running with Heather the whole time, joking, enjoying the scenery, not worrying about our time-it was a beautiful run
3. I thought I had more reasons, hence the numbering, but I guess I only have 2.



No comments: