Monday, July 6, 2009

Little Taste of Home

I'm lagging on my posts lately, so this is from 2 weeks ago.  My best friends Jana and Courtney came to visit me out here in the armpit of Texas (Houston).  It was so amazing to have them here for a few days, I realized how much I missed having friends to hang out with!  (Yes, I have my sister and Jenna here, which is great, but a girl as popular as me needs more than 2 friends to surivive)   

After swimming at the pool we headed to the mall to do some damage to our bank accounts.
1 great thing about Houston is the malls-we have carousels...
...and ice skating rinks
As always, we have to take the driving pictures.  
(Nobody show Brandon, I'm driving his car-he would not be too happy about the picture taking whilst driving the Beamer)
Of COURSE we went to Schlitterbahn!  It wasn't as great compared to last year, when we went to the park in New Braunfels, but still lots of fun.
Saying our goodbyes at the beautiful George Bush Airport.  I drove around this dreadful place for 45 MINUTES trying to find the dang terminal.  Curse you International Airports.

THANK-YOU my dear friends for coming to visit me.  I know it was expensive, but it was a much needed break from my monotonous life here in Houston.  Who thinks I can convince them to fly out again for my birthday?...Yeah, probably not, but it's worth a shot. 

B.P.

6 comments:

the walker family said...

oh I'm SO glad they're gone, aren't you? Are these public comments? oops.

jenna said...

wait. i thought i was your best friend.
...
oh and lesbians DONT really count as friends.

dede said...

so fun.. so glad they came.. you girls are so cute.. I love houston.. never thought of it as the armpit.. sad I have never been to the mall.. just the ghetto neighborhoods.. but still loved it :)

Cassandra Giddings said...

what the HELL are you talking about? You'd better NOT be there for your birthday. Put that aside for now. Your pictures of you guys are always so cute. I miss Jana and Courtney...I feel like I'm forgetting someone...Nope, I guess not.

Cassandra Giddings said...

I MISS YOU, TOO! And I can't believe Brandon let you borrow his car. He is SO good to you, Claire. You better not be mean to him.

Jane Morris said...

Birthday....oh no, I don't think so, you'd better be here or I'm renting out your room!